Workshops, training and seminars
The Task Force can provide online workshops, training and seminars to organisations on any topic relating to custom and self-build. Please email us to discuss.
For clients who need more help, site-specific support or advice on a particular initiative or issue, the Task Force offers direct consultancy services. These services will be tailored to an organisation’s particular needs and undertaken by one or more of the Task Force expert panel. You can get in touch by emailing us with information on your situation and needs.
The Task Force is currently being sponsored by MHCLG to provide free of charge online workshops for local authorities in England. The workshops are suitable for authorities at any stage of progress with custom and self-build housing. Each session is tailored to the particular authority’s needs and should be attended by officers from housing and planning as well as elected members to ensure engagement across the organisation. For more information or to book, please email us.
Projects supported in the past include:
- Advising, preparing and implementing town planning strategies, policies, masterplans and design codes
- Help with preparation of supplementary planning documents
- Feasibility work and indicative site layouts for pilot schemes of serviced plots
- Developing and implementing demand assessments to inform Strategic Housing Market Assessments or site/area-specific policies and proposals including the Three Dragons Demand Assessment Toolkit
- Application of Right to Build legislation locally
The Task Force as an organisation is not able to provide adversarial support for planning appeals or Examinations in Public.